Set or Change PIN
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is the most secure method of payment using your Delphi Bank Visa Debit Card.
To make payments safer and more convenient, all Australian issued credit and debit cards now only accept a PIN to authorise transactions at all point-of-sale (POS) terminals Australia-wide.
How does this impact me?
If you are a Delphi Bank Visa Debit Card holder and you do not use a PIN or if you can't remember one that was issued to you, please visit your local Delphi Bank branch to reset your PIN at a PIN Change Terminal.
If you choose not to visit a branch, your PIN will be automatically re-issued and posted to your registered address.
Your signature can no longer authorise card payments.
Can I still pay-wave?
There will be no change to contactless (Visa payWave) transactions, online transactions or cash withdrawals at ATMs.
In what cases will a cardholder not have to use a PIN?
A PIN is not required for mail or telephone order transactions, or transactions conducted online.
PIN is only applicable when you are physically present at the POS terminal during the purchase or withdrawing cash at an ATM.
What if I am visiting Australia and don’t have a PIN?
Only in some circumstances such as when using a card issued from a bank overseas, will signature still be a valid form of verification.
Browse our help topic
- When will Government Economic Support payments be processed?
- Can my business borrow money at this time?
- Are Online Banking transactions and payments affected by COVID-19?
- I'm visiting a branch in Melbourne. Do I need to wear my face covering in-branch?
- Worried about scams involving COVID-19?
- Need more information on COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Support
- Financial Difficulty Assistance
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Applying Online
- Updating Account Details
- Closing an Account
- Dispute a Transaction
- Regular Payments
- Understanding Financial Abuse
- Deceased Estates
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution
- Identity Theft and Scams
- Accounting Software
- Visa Debit Card