What are Scams?
Online scams cost Australian’s millions of dollars each year and anyone can be targeted. From dating scams to fake shopping websites and get-rich-quick offers, scammers use many different methods to steal your money or your sensitive information. Online scams and malicious software aren’t always obvious. Scammers’ messages can be highly sophisticated, often using brands and logos to make their messages look like the real thing.
Protect yourself from Scams
- Don’t open suspicious texts, pop up windows or click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails – delete them;
- Don’t enter or provide your card number to unsolicited sites or callers;
- Don’t respond to phone calls about your computer asking for remote access – hang up;
- Keep your personal details secure;
- Choose your passwords carefully;
- Review your privacy and security settings on Social Media;
- Beware of any requests for your personal details or money;
- If you think you have been a victim of a Scam, you need to let us know as soon as possible by calling us or by attending your nearest branch.
Support for victims of Scams
Our staff will assist you with your concern/s regarding Scams however the impacts of being a victim of a Scam can be far reaching. We are partnered with IDCARE, Australia’s National Identity and Cyber Support Service; who provide expert Identity & Cyber Security Counsellors to support victims of Scams.
Browse our help topic
- When will Government Economic Support payments be processed?
- Can my business borrow money at this time?
- Are Online Banking transactions and payments affected by COVID-19?
- I'm visiting a branch in Melbourne. Do I need to wear my face covering in-branch?
- Worried about scams involving COVID-19?
- Need more information on COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Support
- Financial Difficulty Assistance
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Applying Online
- Updating Account Details
- Closing an Account
- Dispute a Transaction
- Regular Payments
- Understanding Financial Abuse
- Deceased Estates
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution
- Identity Theft and Scams
- Accounting Software
- Visa Debit Card