Financial Assistance Package
If you need financial help during a difficult time, we offer an assistance package which can include:
- No interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits
You may also be able to apply for relief* on your:
- Home Loan
- Residential Investment Loan
- Line of Credit
- Equipment Finance Loan
Already deferred repayments for six months?
You may be eligible for an additional four months relief. We’ll contact you to discuss your circumstances near the end of your six-month repayment relief period.
At the end of the initial deferral period we expect customers to resume full repayments. If you indicate that you may not be in a position to recommence repayments and seek additional assistance, we’ll need to understand your circumstances in more detail. To do that, an assessment of your financial position will need to be done. This might conclude that you have the capacity to recommence repayments, or it might result in a restructure of your banking facilities.
The bank will work with you to identify appropriate solutions, ensuring they’re sustainable and realistic.
Customers who have the capacity to recommence repayments will be offered:
- A resumption of repayments at a higher amount to maintain your existing loan term.
- A resumption of repayments including an extension of loan term in line with your deferral term.
If a restructuring of your facility is a more appropriate outcome based on your current circumstances the following may be considered:
- Extending your loan term by longer than the COVID-19 impacted deferral term.
- Consolidation of your debts.
- Extending interest only arrangements for up to 12 months.
- Conversion of your principal and interest payments to interest only payments for up to 12 months before resuming principal and interest repayments over the remaining term.
If you’re unable to resume repayments in any form, the Bank may consider a deferral extension of up to 4 months. For this extension to happen, we’d need to establish on reasonable grounds that you’ll be able to resume repayments within the further deferral period. In this scenario, interest will continue to be charged.
If you have any questions about your banking facilities or deferral period, please contact us on 1300 660 550 so that we can assist you further.
Federal Government COVID-19 Economic Package
The Federal Governments continues to offer support through its COVID-19 economic package. We’ll make sure income support and other payments made by the Government are processed as quickly as possible.
The Government is also giving you access to up to $10,000 of your superannuation in 2019-20, and a further $10,000 in 2020-21.
More support information from the Australian Government
Visit the Australian Government website for more information on the Government's response to Coronavirus.
For Australian Government’s Economic Response visit the Treasury website.
* Important information - Based on your circumstances, you may defer repayments on your home loan, residential investment loan, lines of credit, and equipment finance.
If you choose to do this, interest and fees will still be added to your loan balance during that time. Once the deferred period finishes, we’ll work with you on a plan to repay the amount you’ve deferred. This might involve increasing your minimum repayments for the deferred period, or extending the term of your loan.
As always, we’re here to help discuss your options and how they’ll affect you.
Browse our help topic
- When will Government Economic Support payments be processed?
- Can my business borrow money at this time?
- Are Online Banking transactions and payments affected by COVID-19?
- I'm visiting a branch in Melbourne. Do I need to wear my face covering in-branch?
- Worried about scams involving COVID-19?
- Need more information on COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Support
- Financial Difficulty Assistance
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Applying Online
- Updating Account Details
- Closing an Account
- Dispute a Transaction
- Regular Payments
- Financial Abuse
- Vulnerable Customer Support
- Deceased Estates
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution
- Identity Theft and Scams
- Accounting Software
- Visa Debit Card