What happens if I defer my loan repayments?
Based on your circumstances, you can defer your loan repayments for an agreed time. If you choose to do this, interest and fees will still be added to your loan balance during that time.
Once the deferred period finishes, we’ll work with you on a plan to repay the amount you’ve deferred. This might involve increasing your minimum repayments for the deferred period, or extending the term of your loan.
As always, we’re here to help discuss your options and how they’ll affect you.
At the end of your loan deferral period the following options are available:
- You can repay any outstanding repayment amount, if any
- You can make a repayment plan to pay any outstanding arrears over an agreed period of time
- We may consider a further deferral period, if we can establish reasonable grounds that you will be able to resume repayments within the further deferral period. (Interest will continue to be charged)
Browse our help topic
- What support is available to Delphi Bank customers?
- What happens if I defer my loan repayments?
- Are branches open?
- Am I still able to use ATMs and branches to get cash?
- Is my money safe with Delphi Bank?
- If I’m eligible for the assistance program, how could this affect my credit report?
- Am I still eligible for the assistance package even though I’m ahead on my mortgage repayments?
- When will Government Economic Support payments be processed?
- Are Online Banking transactions and payments affected by COVID-19?
- Can I wear my face covering in branch?
- Worried about scams involving COVID-19?
- Need more information on COVID-19?
- What happens when I get another job whilst receiving financial assistance?
- I'm ahead in my mortgage payments, can I still redraw?
- What is changing at Delphi Bank
- COVID-19 Support
- Financial Difficulty Assistance
- Updating Account Details
- Closing an Account
- Dispute a Transaction
- Regular Payments
- Financial Abuse
- Vulnerable Customer Support
- Deceased Estates
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution
- Identity Theft and Scams
- Accounting Software
- Debit Cards